Salary History of Current & Past NHL Players
(1989 -  2008)
Enter  last name and click on  "Search" to access HockeyZonePlus' database

HockeyZonePlus

Faceoff - Main Menu
HockeyBiz
Funny Quotes
Red Square
GoalieMania
Melting Pot
Press Box
Mascot Corner
Discussion Forum
Hockey Boutique
Credit / Medias
Version française

 

Stats of Current and Past Players
 (pro/minor/amateur)
Enter last name and click on "Search" to access hockeydb.com's database

Monday, May 28, 2012

2012 Stanley Cup Final Featuring Players with $686M in Accumulated Fortunes

The 2011-2012 NHL Stanley Cup Final will feature a group of 51 players who accumulated, through their NHL careers, fortunes a bit over $US 686M in salaries, for an approximate average of $13,5M each! The New Jersey Devils players account for 59% of that total with $407M collectively, leaving 41%, or $279M, to the Los Angeles Kings.

Each team has 7 players that accumulated NHL fortunes over $20M and, overall, the Devils lead the pack with Brodeur, Elias, and Kovalchuk as the Top 3 before the first L.A. King, Simon Gagné.

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: $407,422,416
Brodeur, Martin = $73,053,018
Elias, Patrik = $53,424,498
Kovalchuk, Ilya =$47,390,000
Zubrus, Dainius = $27,860,000
Sykora, Petr = $27,826,000 
Zidlicky, Marek = $22,540,000 
Volchenkov, Anton = $20,600,000
Parisé, Zach = $19,906,000
Tallinder, Henrik = $18,745,300
Salvador, Bryce = $18,415,000
Zajac, Travis = $13,702,600 
Ponikarovsky, Alexei  = $12,712,500
Hedberg, Johan = $10,525,000
Bernier, Steve = $8,725,000
Clarkson, David = $7,230,000
Boulton, Eric = $5,907,500
Greene, Andy = $5,175,000 
Janssen, Cam = $3,225,000
Carter, Ryan = $2,625,000
Harrold, Peter = $2,300,000
Josefson, Jacob = $1,800,000
Henrique, Adam = $1,200,000 
Fayne, Mark = $1,085,000
Larsson, Adam = $925,000
Gionta, Stephen = $525,000

LOS ANGELES KINGS: $278,925,750
Gagné, Simon = $40,375,000 
Richards, Mike = $26,827,200  
Williams, Justin = $26,822,500
Mitchell, Willie = $24,500,000  
Carter, Jeff = $23,827,200
Penner, Dustin = $22,207,000
Kopitar, Anze = $20,865,000
Stoll, Jarret = $19,301,600  
Brown, Dustin = $15,342,000
Scuderi, Rob = $12,675,000 
Greene, Matt =$11,655,000
Doughty, Drew = $8,625,000
Quick, Jonathan = $4,820,000 
Richardson, Brad = $3,625,000
Fraser, Colin = $3,500,000 
Lewis, Trevor = $2,318,250
Parse, Scott = $1,800,000
Drewiske, Davis = $1,737,500
Bernier, Jonathan = $1,740,000
Clifford, Kyle =  $1,450,000
Martinez, Alec = $1,400,000
Westgarth, Kevin = $1,025,000 
Voynov, Slava = $787,500
King, Dwight = $585,000
Loktionov, Andrei = $575,000
Nolan, Jordan = $540,000


The usual fine print: Figures in US$. Salaries paid in Canadian currency by Canadian teams, in the early 90s, were converted to $US as per the January exchange rate of the given seasons. Some players have two-way contracts and have received lower salaries than those listed when playing in farm clubs. The listed salaries were gathered from different sources and while they closely reflect reality, they are not necessarily exact. Of course, that is from their NHL salaries only and it does not take into account any other revenue streams such as endorsements, summer jobs, business ventures, being a Mary Kay independent consultant to supplement revenues, etc. Base salaries are usually shown as bonuses are generally not made public. Totals do take into account the fact that players received only +/-58% of their salary during the 1994-95 season because of a strike (48 games played instead of 84). Some players possibly had contracts stipulating that they were paid despite a strike but we have no information in that regard. During the 2004-05 lockout, some players joined various teams in North America and Europe and were paid to do so. It is not included in the Grand Total because we have no information about the salaries they made in those leagues. Figures shown represent earnings; investment results may vary - ask Sergei Fedorov. Still reading? How is your 401k/RSSP doing?   

Labels: , , , ,

posted by HockeyZonePlus at

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

 


 

 

Copyright © 1999-2008 HockeyZonePlus.com - All Rights Reserved
Comments, questions and suggestions? Contact us!